Advantages of PDO Threading
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Little downtime for procedure and recovery
- Vector areas allow more customization
- Threads are not permanent
- Noticeable, natural-looking improvements
Treatment BasicsNeedles, similar to those used in acupuncture, introduce threads into the sections of skin targeted for treatment. These vectors targeted for improvement include the jawline, cheeks, ‘loose skin rings’ around the neck, eyebrows, marionette, and other areas. Threading isn’t usually implemented on its own. It generally compliments other procedures like neurotoxins that relax wrinkles. When these aging lines are supple, the threads can pull more effectively. Dermal fillers used in conjunction with PDO threading are also beneficial for adding volume as lines are pulled taut. All three procedures utilized together produce the best results. The PDO treatment doesn’t produce a stretched appearance to the new face. Instead, it helps enhance beauty and relaxation in the overall appearance. It’s one of the best solutions for those in their 40s and 50s, who just need a less-invasive and more natural lift.
Quick Recovery TimeRecovery times may vary slightly, but it generally takes 48 hours to continue normal activities such as working out doing other similar activities. However, you can immediately wear makeup after the procedure. Unlike full facelifts or other invasive treatments, there will be a little swelling or bruising after the threading technique.
Does Threading Make Dermal Fillers Obsolete?Although PDO threading is a marvelous way to lift and rejuvenate, they do not replace dermal fillers. This is simply because threads cannot add the quantity of volume as the dermal filler. A combination of threading, dermal fillers and other therapies bring the optimal results. But we cannot discount threading either. It’s what balances volume with realistic placement of aging skin. Thread lifting gently places skin where it belongs while adding dermal fillers only in hollow areas affected by aging. With the smooth threads attracting ongoing collagen production, you get a more natural appearance. This gives the appearance of reversing the aging process. You will see results right away! “Too much volume is not the answer. It’s what creates the unrealistic looks that you see in the media. Notice the overblown upper faces? That’s too much volume and not enough balance with other techniques. It’s a combination of procedures that achieve the best results.” - Dr. Luciano Sztulman
Examples of the PDO Threading technique
With PDO threading, many areas of the face benefit. Instead of going under the knife, these simple techniques provide unbelievable results without the longer recovery required after surgery. Here are a few examples, and a little about how they work:
Over time, eyebrows can sag and even experience a hollow effect beneath the skin over the brow. To address these concerns, threading uses two barbed threads to raise the brow and smaller horizontal threads to pull the barbs closer, also leaving behind the dissolvable threads to coax collagen back to the hollow areas.
Many people deal with furrowed lines between the eyes. This problem can be solved with simple smooth threads which fill the area with collagen, over time. A crossed pattern of threads, together with neurotoxin injections will smooth out the furrows better than constant injections alone.
Using a combination of neurotoxin injectables and thread lifts, the jowls can be returned to a more youthful appearance. When choosing the jowl lift, the neck and eyebrows will also lift in response to the combination of treatments.
Unfortunately, due to various reasons, or genetics, the ‘smoker’s lines’ are problematic areas. Basically, you lose volume above your upper lip over time. It is frequently caused by smoking, hence the name. Before 50, women use fillers or collagen to replace fullness. Now, threading can naturally replace that fullness. With the barcode lift, small threads are placed in an interlaced pattern to replace fullness. No barbed threads are needed.
Two Vector Cheek & Mouth Lift
Two barbed threads are used to lift the cheek, nasal folds and commissure around the mouth. Smooth threads are added between barbed threads to help build volume over time. This procedure will be done under anesthesia with pain relief provided afterward.
Two Vector Jaw & Neck Lift
With volume loss in the jaw area, the chin can lose its definition from the neck. With this technique two barbed threads are placed in certain areas to establish an anchor, then pulled in the opposite direction. Smooth sutures are then placed across the two barbed threads. All work together to lift, smooth and fill the aging areas of the skin.
This procedure, although fairly simple, is also offered with anesthesia. You will notice improvement from this thread lift immediately. It will continue to improve over the next few months.
Loose Neck Skin
For some procedures, there are some issues to address before threading. For those who deal with what we call the ‘turkey neck’, threading, alone, will not produce the best outcome. This common issue is a result of fatty deposits accumulating around the neck. These deposits must be removed by radiofrequency, or RF treatment.
After fat deposits are removed, threads can be incorporated wherever needed. Usually, this is done in X or star-shaped threading which addresses each bulge ring of the neckline. When barbs are pulled tight, the bulges begin to disappear. As smaller threads are incorporated, youthful skin replaces loose and age-related damage.
What Procedure is Right for Me?PDO Threading produces all these amazing results and more. Dr. Luciano understands that the many options can make the choice confusing. To determine which procedure is right for you, schedule an appointment for consultation at Skinsational. When you meet with Dr. Luciano, he will discuss a variety of factors that should be considered.
- Realistic expectations of results
- Past facial rejuvenation treatments
- The condition of your skin and facial structure
- How soon you want to see results
- Other related medical issues
- Budget for procedure
- Wonderful experience at Skinsational! Dr.S and staff were amazing to work with. Very pleased with cosmetic procedure results so far. Clean and professional environment, I would definitely recommend this facility.
- Good experience great service.. I been going for my check up with Dr. Luciano since 2002 and still because they have taken real good care of me. The secretary and nurses have a great attitude and always welcome me with a smile. I will recommend to any female to go see Dr. Luciano office and staff.
- I've been going to Dr. Sztulman for 10 plus years. He is very professional, knowledgeable ,everything you look for in a Doctor. His staff is amazing. They feel like family everytime I go into the office.
- Dr. Luciano Sztulmanwas excellent. As a busy professional, I needed a provider that was flexible and understood my needs. I had a wonderful experience and a perfect outcome. Can’t really ask for more. Dr. Sztulman was professional and caring. Would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking honest quality work.
- Dr. Luciano and his staff are caring and on point! Both offices that I attended were very clean, and organized. Dr. Luciano definitely looks after his patients as he would a member of his own family. Which is really important to me! It's why I chose this office and why I would happily go back there again. I would highly recommend them to anyone.